Our Safety Commitment
Our goal is to be an injury free workplace. We strive to recognize what can bring harm to us and we exercise our authority to stop a task before an accident can happen.
- All injuries are preventable. Each and every one.
- We are all responsible for safety. Only by owning our actions, watching out for the safety of our co-workers, and management being held accountable for safety performance will an injury free workplace be possible.
- We should never be satisfied with our safety efforts. We should always look to improve.
- Safety training should be available to, and completed by, all employees.
- Our work is never so urgent or important that we cannot take the time to do it safely.
Stop Work Authority
All D&H United employees are issued Stop Work Authority cards and are empowered to stop an unsafe situation. Employees are trained to:
1.) Recognize an unsafe situation;
2.) Stop the task before an incident happens;
3.) Develop a plan to eliminate or mitigate the hazard.
D&H United has been a verified member of ISNetworld since 2009. ISN’s Review and Verification Services (RAVS) verifies and evaluates our health, safety, and procurement information to ensure regulatory and client specific requirements are met.